Saturday, December 31, 2022

Out with the Old, In with the New

 

It’s been a long year that flew by in the blink of an eye. There was a lot of wicked stuff over the years that caused me to rename my offline journal What The Actual Fuck (WTAF) 2022. Instead of rehashing all the awful stuff that’s happened over the year, I’d like to pick out an article that focuses on some actual good news from 2022. This article is from Nice News, and I have been getting it daily to preserve my sanity. The article is called WhatWent Right This Year.

We, as humans, seem to focus more on the negative things that happen. I find that definitely to be a fact for me.  I need to be reminded that along with the bad, there is always good. I happened to read a really informative article about why we do that and, having read it through, it’s one of the reasons I’m looking back at the nicer stories from 2022.

I have no idea what the New Year will bring. When I was a senior in high school, graduating 50 years ago this June, we used to say to each other: “We’ll be free in ’73!” We were so excited about that. Our whole futures lay ahead. I am hoping we’ll be free in ’23 too: free of 45, tRumpists and tRumpers, traitors, liars in Congress, Putin, Clarence Thomas, and other causes of agita. But, if we’re not, I’ll look for some brightness every day.

Oh. It’s not only New Year’s Eve, it’s also Caturday! How about some happy feline family news? It’s “if it fits, I sits” day at our house.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

My New Blogs

The Old Gray Mare Speaks Irishcoda54