Monday, February 28, 2022

WTAF

I've kept blogs and journals and diaries off and on since I was 12.  There was a big gap after I married Rich in 1985.  We were busy with his unexpected diagnosis of Marfan Syndrome and raising three wonderful children.  After he died in 2001, I did a "Letters to Rich" journal and wrote about my grief, feelings of loss and anger, and coping.  When I remarried Ted, we were busy blending our families and starting over again.  Both of us had been widowed.  Another gap followed until 2020 when Covid hit and quarantine began.

In 2020, I called my journal "Isolation Journal".  Very creative.

In 2021, I started over on January 1 and called it "A New Day."

In 2022, I started over on January 1 and was at a loss at what to call it. But now I  have a name for it and this is what I wrote in it so far:

I may need to rename this journal WTAF (What The Actual Fuck) 22 because of all the bullshit we’ve had going on since January.  I read that in a Washington Post poll, President Biden’s approval rating fell to 35% and I wondered:  WTAF?  He’s performed strongly and the best he could under strong obstruction from the GQP and has been supportive of Ukraine during this recent invasion. 

Who is The Post polling anyway? 

The entire media seems focused on bringing President Biden down down down even when he’s had  good accomplishments.  Like, the economy is stronger but the press focuses on inflation.  He’s gotten the infrastructure bill passed but the media wants to focus on the failure of Build Back Better.  Employment rates have been up but the press ignores it.  The press underplays anything positive by the Biden Administration.

The press also ignores the treasonous behavior of the GQP and its followers.  They seem to relish events like the stupid truck convoy protesting a mask mandate that doesn't even exist.

WTAF?  I think they are fanning the flames of the conservative right.  I think they’d enjoy armed conflict between red and blue states, figuring their ratings would go up.  

I remember when I could rely on good press coverage.  I miss Walter Cronkite.  I miss Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein.  There's a couple of media newsletters that I will still read: Crooked Media, Press Run and sometimes National Memo.  But, man, I miss the days of impartial reporting.  Don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

My New Blogs

The Old Gray Mare Speaks Irishcoda54